Winter!

You could if you wanted to cross the border. Stop by and say hi though. :LOL:

Thanks for the international invitation, GG. :) However, I think B.C. may have too much winter precipitation for my taste -- for camping, anyway. But if I was mainly looking for a place to ski, I'd definitely be headed in your direction!
Maybe another time...

Late yesterday afternoon after work we opened up the house and aired it out. Last night we slept with the window open over our bed. The overnight low was 47°. This is becoming a real heart breaker. Winter where are you?

We just got 4 inches of snow here in the High Plains. There should be a foot or so of fresh pow in the local hills. That's where I'll be heading tomorrow! Sorry, to tell you, 3pin. :(

Late yesterday afternoon after work we opened up the house and aired it out. Last night we slept with the window open over our bed. The overnight low was 47°. This is becoming a real heart breaker. Winter where are you?

Hey Ski3pin, winter is right here in Crested Butte, minus 14 this morning! Warming over the weekend and then another round of the white by Monday night. The back country here has been way to scary this year and won't get any safer until the spring corn comes into play. Other than nordic skate skiing, I haven't been able to wrap my head around this winter not getting into the backcountry and all. Someone please give me permission to leave work, put the camper on the truck and head to the desert for a well deserved vacation!

Good camping,

Paul

winter what do you mean?
setting here on the patio 90 degrees already,same yesterday,loving it!
drive slow and enjoy "it the journey"
Les,lqhikers

<snip> Going to be a pow day at Whistler tomorrow!

I'm trying really really hard to not be jealous..................get out in it and have fun! Maybe we'll still get a good powder day here to ski the trees.

I'm trying really really hard to not be jealous..................get out in it and have fun! Maybe we'll still get a good powder day here to ski the trees.

It's still February, lots of time for snow!

And don't get jealous. The lineups tomorrow are going to be gross, I hate being a weekend warrior! I'd tour but the avy forecast is through the roof right now so it's crowd or couch.

Yesterday I drove home from the Buttermilks (near Bishop, CA) to Bend -- a day earlier than originally planned -- because the forecast called for high winds on the east side of the Sierras and wind-plus-snow in Oregon and I didn't want my 600-mile drive to be more unpleasant than it needed to be.

This morning I woke up to about 3 inches of snow at my house (so far)
_DSC3690.jpg

And the forecast is for more -- with high winds:
gallery_2431_332_16508.jpg

27° here this morning and it probably will not get above freezing today. We got a few inches of snow yesterday. Winter storm warning starts this evening and runs through Wednesday night. Possible 3 to 5 feet up high and we may get 2 feet here. It is starting to feel like the good old days. I'm topping off the snowblower gas can at lunch break today. I hope I don't jinx it.

We got a few inches of snow yesterday. Winter storm warning starts this evening and runs through Wednesday night. Possible 3 to 5 feet up high and we may get 2 feet here. It is starting to feel like the good old days.

ski3pin, I hope you -- and the Sierras and everything that depends on winter snow up there -- get some of what you deserve.
smile.gif

We have up to 6" on the ground in Bend with maybe that much more forecast on the way tonight/tomorrow.

One thing that snow in town has done for me is that it's given me the opportunity to thank my cat-caretaker -- the lady who comes in to give attention to Kitty when I'm out of town. I've told her that in exchange for cat-care I'll clear her walks, etc. of snow...but I've had no opportunity this winter to honor my promise until this week.

Snowed in at my house in Grass Valley!! :)

Attachments

• Snow 2 GV 146 (1024x768).jpg
    Snow 2 GV 146 (1024x768).jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Snow 2 GV 153 (1024x768).jpg
    Snow 2 GV 153 (1024x768).jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 91
This webcam shows snow in downtown Nevada City:

gallery_2431_332_24937.jpg

Hey! What are you snooping on my little town?? Oh, ok. We all do it.

I was in NC today and watched the snowflakes fly. I had my skis and outdoor clothes in the truck and wrapped up work by 4pm. A quick trip up Hwy 20 to the 5,000' elevation and I was touring on my XC skis until 6pm. It's my winter ritual to drive up the hill 20 miles for an evening workout. Snow was about a foot deep and fresh. Trees were coated and beautiful, with a mix of black oak, incense cedar, douglas fir, sugar pine and ponderosa.

A day at work, an evening of skiing and home for dinner by 7pm!
Not to mention a rotary meeting at o'seven hundred . . .
In any case, a day well lived. Let's do it again!

Snowed in at my house in Grass Valley!! :)

Saw your flatbed at B&C this morning, Marc! Missed you though.

I was picking up two 60# sacks of sand to put over my wheel wells in my unloaded Tundra. First time I've done that, but it did make a difference this evening when I was wheeling in some deeper snow.

Another reason to live in Tucson.

I'd say it's more like "THE reason you >can< live in Tucson" :D

I was in NC today and watched the snowflakes fly. I had my skis and outdoor clothes in the truck and wrapped up work by 4pm. A quick trip up Hwy 20 to the 5,000' elevation and I was touring on my XC skis until 6pm. It's my winter ritual to drive up the hill 20 miles for an evening workout. Snow was about a foot deep and fresh. Trees were coated and beautiful, with a mix of black oak, incense cedar, douglas fir, sugar pine and ponderosa.

And, Lighthawk, where are your photos?

Back
Top Bottom