Fall In

PaulT said:
+1, It is definitely NOT a dry heat. I left Raleigh on July 2 1975 at 95 F and 95%. Having lived in Raleigh for the previous 11 years without AC, I thought it was normal. Having lived in Oregon for 4 + decades, I can no longer handle the heat & humidity. It ain't normal. :)

Paul
Paul, my family lived on Portsmouth, VA from my birth in 1955 (which, by the way, was in the non-air conditioned Maryview Hospital), and moved back to Mom's hometown of Raleigh when I was 6. None of the 3 homes we rented (one in VA and two in Raleigh) had A/C. My parents then had a custom house built in 1963/1964 and though designed to include A/C they ran out of money during the build and as a result our first 3 summers were no A/C summers. Not a single school I attended in grades 1-12 had A/C. The old cinder block cottage from whence I'm typing this is a beach house on Chesapeake Bay in VA and it didn't get A/C until I was in college in the early 1970s. Like you, I remember it as often uncomfortable, but normal. Don't think I could live that way again!
And yes, Mark BC, my truck A/C sees use, at least a bit, 12 mo/year.

Foy

It’s starting…
gallery_4841_711_41307.jpeg

craig333 said:
It is. .02 so far. If only the Canadians had wanted to build a different kind of pipeline :(
I tease my BC friends who might be anti-pipeline that they should allow the pipeline to be built because by the time it's finished, we will want to pipe water from BC to Alberta!

And I'm pretty sure Canadians are not unified in their opinions on pipeline construction...

Its unfortunate that most of the people who advocate moving water from one part of the country to another have no idea just how impractical it really is.

This is more than a little atypical: late fall and central Oregon has the same weather (forecast) as coastal southern Georgia??

IMG_20211127_165858.jpg IMG_20211127_165955.jpg

It's Bend's weather that's atypical -- unseasonably warm.

I'm camped in Crooked River State Park, GA -- not far from the Florida border.

Back
Top Bottom