Let's Move to Summer 2020!

Thanks for getting summer started, Mr. 3pin! In honor of the first day of summer, I have all windows and sliders in my house open...gentle breezes wafting in more PPP... :)

Thanks for the reminder! June 21 my birthday is one of the longest days of the year. Another advancement in geezerhood! :)

Another case of the statisticians mucking around with a perfectly good pagan calendar.

I thought it was a Georgian calendar, and don't believe any statistic that you didn't make up yourself.

If this is the start of meteorological summer in NC, I'll take it. Temps as of 0500 high 50s to low 60s Mon and today, daytime highs in the low-mid 70s, low humidity.

Ohhh, what's that big round thing down in the Gulf of Mexico, and what are those spaghetti tracks doing drifting up to the Tennessee and Ohio Valleys? Crap, that's the real summer coming in...........

What ever it is it sure is acting like a yo-yo here in the high desert! 80's-low 90's/40's at night during the week, then wind, rain/T-storms, and red flag weather with temps in the low 70's day/high 30's/50's at night. One day shorts and a T-shirt weather -next day, long pants and a shirt-jacket! Maybe I'll join Steve in taking a nap too!

Smoke

We LOVE the summer solstice! In our younger and dumber days we used to go water-skiing on the evening of the solstice. Riding a slalom ski behind a Cigarette-style speedboat powered by a 502 cu. in. big block (a stroked marine 454) at 60-65 mph at between 9:30 and 10:00 pm was quite the thrill-----and really foolish!

The first weekend of summer in Bend... isn't forecast to be very summery. :cautious:
Weather_20200605-1.jpg

Glad I got out yesterday:
Lake-Billy-Chinook_20200604-1.jpg

We slept with the windows open last night and woke this morning to temperatures in the thirties. We spent a couple hours midday today looking at sections of the California Trail close to home. We got snowed on. :)

My neighbors are out working in their yard -- it's June 16, but they're wearing winter coats and hats! :eek:

We're just a few days away from the summer solstice, but it's as dark outside -- midday -- as if it was near winter solstice.

"June gloom" is the term for this condition in coastal SoCal..but this year it's spread up to the high desert of Central Oregon.

Damn virus! :cautious:

Oh -- and it's been raining today, too.
At least the moisture helps dampen the already dead and drying cheat grass, reducing chance of it bursting into flame.

What? You mean it's not October. maybe early November ? We were in a hot spell here-3 or4 days of above average temps in the high 80's, with high winds and red flag warnings, followed by several days below average day temps in the 50's, T-showers, wind and below freezing at night and snow in the high country (but still red flag warnings)! Starting on Thursday we go back to the 90's/50's (all above average), more wind and of course more red flag warnings! Well this is why I got my pop-up for anyway, so as I get more older and decrepit, I will not have worry about staying warm or what ever :rolleyes:!

Smoke

Here on the Monterey coast we are having a not normal June.No fog.
Usually June is the start of our very foggy summers.
Nice to have sun,warm temps,and a nice sea breeze.
Still would like to get out to the "hills" but not so fast.
Oh well.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom