Let's Move to Summer 2020!

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I am going to wait for the movie of 2020.Should be a good one.
You just can't write this stuff up,not even the best SiFi people....
2020 hasn't quite reached the excitement of "2012" yet...but with still more than 4 months left, anything's possible.

Smokecreek1 said:
Fires to the east of me, fires to the west of me, fires to the north of me, fires to the south of me (many for the 2nd, or 3rd time this year)-and all sending nasty unhealthful smoke right here into my front yard! The fire to the SE just cut 395, so no more runs to Reno.....

......PS: As I was finishing this up, my phone just rang-it was Sheriffs automated emergency service saying mandatory evacuation required for more of the Gold Run area-fire is still a few miles out from here, but one never knows-fire last month made it to the 5 mile mark before they got a line around it. Still plenty of time to watch the last episode of "Alone" tonight! Until next time!

Smoke
I'm glad to hear you're not bored, Smoke!
:eek: :( :giggle:

Thanks Mark.I remember that movie but never saw it.

Though just in case we are moving to
"Tatooine".

IMG_4960.jpeg

From our new home on Tatooine. On our "moisture farm.
Lovely here lots of sun with the double suns.
Frank

PS this is actually the sun reflected in our double pane windows.

Sorry to report,the condor nest in Big Sur is right in the path of the Dolan fire.
Latest report the fire has reached the condor staging/storage pen area.
They aren't sure about the nest.
The adult birds will fly away but this years chic isn't fledged yet.
Last I checked yesterday it was still in the nest.
Don't know if a crew can get into the area to rescue the chic from it's nest.
And this fire was arson set.IMO the guy they caught who set the fire
should never see the light of day,prison for life.
Maybe I am a bit harsh but this is very tragic as are the other fires.
Frank

I expect to see birds dropping out of the air any time now. Too thick to breathe or fly through. The overcast has dropped the temperature considerably.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Lots of smoke and ash around the Monterey bay area.
River fire ,Salinas area is now 33k acres.The big fire in the Santa Cruz Mts is 44k.
Our nephew and his family evacuated their Boulder Creek, CA home on Wednesday or Thursday and at around midnight last night (Eastern time) his Mama (my baby sister) sent us a pic of the foundation--it's a goner. The young man has a wife and two kids of his own and a stepson, works over the mountain in San Jose, and will be living in a rented RV in my sister's Watsonville driveway until further notice. What a way to live! Over here we have hurricanes and tornadoes, but nothing to rival the widespread destruction which wildfires can bring.

Hoping for the best for all until the snow flies.

Foy

Foy, that is a heartbreaker! Sure hope everything goes as smoothly as possible handling this awful event.

We had a fire start about 2 miles away this morning, hard to miss the sirens and helicopters. Quick action got it. Time to stay close to home.

Sorry to hear about your nephew getting burned out.
Looking at pictures of the area it's a big mess.
Big Basin SP is history,it's the oldest Cal.SP.

Hope things work out well for your family.
Frank

A spattering of rain overnight. A hint of blue sky visible overhead. Air Quality Index has dropped to 125. Forecast high today of 85 but continued red flag warning due to thunderstorms and gusty winds. Summer time and the living ain't easy........................

The smoke really comes and goes. Earlier it was so bad I went out and came right back in. At the moment its tolerable to work outside a little bit. Going to be a long summer ;(

Just took the dog for a walk. The smoke was gone. Amazing how that works. At the dog park is just about where the tankers from McClellan begin their turns for whatever fire they're going to. I wouldn't want the job of cleaning those planes up.

Been in Alaska since the 16th...still smoke around Reno area? Comming home tomorrow.

Hope I missed the heat and smoke.....

Flew in to Reno and discovered it is hot and yucky smoke!! Kinda wished our trip lasted longer as to have avoided more of this smoke.

Back
Top Bottom