Let's Move to Summer 2020!

Anyone else notice the daylight is now getting shorter each day?

On our evening walk yesterday we encountered 6 juvenile ravens on the ground behaving like middle school children. A short time later an adult bald eagle flew over. It made for a nice summer evening. :)

ski3pin said:
Anyone else notice the daylight is now getting shorter each day?...
Yup... might be 'bout time to start oiling my snow shovel and tuning up my roof rake.
:p

As we look to the west down the beach towards the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel from our little patch of liveoak heaven down at the end of a dead-end street in Virginia Beach, the setting sun has already retreated back to the south by 2 sets of CBBT causeway pilings. By around August 5, our "sunsets behind the Bridge-Tunnel" will be over for 2020. Wedged into the middle of our CBBT sunsets are sunrises from the horizon over the Atlantic beyond Cape Henry which is at our 2:00 o'clock. We get "from the water, to the water" sunrises and sunsets from around May 25 until July 20 or so. At the solstice, the sun rises well before 6:00 at around 5:40 and sunset is at around 8:40. Makes it a bit of a challenge for this particular +60 year-old to catch both of them in the same day!

Foy

I just arrived in the Mojave to experience a few days of REAL summer.
Looks like I'll get that here this weekend and Monday.
:D

IMG_20200708_160656.jpg

But it's a DRY heat...

I was here 3 years ago, (as now visiting a friend temporarily located on the USMC base) and it was even a little hotter. I went for bike rides before dawn when it was still comfortable. Maybe I'll do the same this visit. Or drive into the Park where the higher elevation provides slightly longer comfort hours.

Our desert area has been the high in the nation for the last 5/6 days.
Also the low at Bodie has been the national low for about the same time period.

Have fun in the "summer" heat.Yes and remember it's DRY HEAT.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Is that more of the "dry" heat?
Frank
Very dry - 10% RH.
I sat outside for a while - just to experience what I haven't for a few years, and there was no perceptible sweating - even at 114F.

Quite a bit of thunder and lightning here in Central Oregon this afternoon/evening.
And most of it is dry...at my house, anyway.... and it's been weeks of warm to hot without rain.
Wildfires gonna be sproutin from this.
Not good. :(

Back
Top Bottom