Fall In

ski3pin said:
We woke this morning feeling quite equal.
Yes!
Today is the day (one of two each year) when worldwide, pole to pole, the noxes are everywhere equal! (and equal to the die)

(no, as a matter of fact, I don't know Latin...so for me the plural of "nox" is "noxes" :cool: ;) )

MarkBC,

I believe the plural of nox is ni. as demonstrated in the nights that go ni.

I could be mistaken, though. It has happened one time before. :rolleyes:

Paul

Maybe monsooning today in Arizona...?

GOES19002021269Mz7bWF.jpg

Hope so, for their sake.

It's been raining here in Bend for a couple of hours this afternoon. It's a good thing!

Our spot forecast for tonight -

Tonight
A 50 percent chance of showers. Increasing clouds, with a low around 46. Southwest wind 9 to 11 mph. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Tomorrow through next Monday the forecast is sunny with highs in the mid 70's. Fall! :)

Today and tonight forecast to to be the coolest we've had in Bend since spring:

weather_20210928-1.jpg

But fall -- like spring -- isn't a smooth slope of temperature change. I'm glad to see that Thursday's temperature will bump back up to 20° warmer than today: I'm meeting friends for lunch -- outside dining.

weather_20210928-2.jpg

I turned my furnace on this morning (i.e., turned on the thermostat's winter mode) -- been off since May. It was 56°F in my house before I turned on the heat.
I think the low this morning in Bend was about 36F.

Beautiful sunrise.Usually don't get nice sunrise/sets due to fog this time of year.
Although after fog season (which seems to be most of the year now),we get some very pretty sunsets.
Temp here this morning 48*.
Thanks
Frank

Back
Top Bottom